LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WFLI) — Tippecanoe County Commissioners have selected a winning bid for phase one of the fairgrounds project. Phase one consists of underground work, a new shelter, and a new horse barn. The estimate on phase one was $3.6 million but the winning bid was well under budget at $3.02 million.
The companies in the winning contract include Muller Masonry Services, Heartland Excavating, Heritage Classic Construction, Brenneco, EHC Sheet Metal/Eberhardt Heating & Cooling, Huston Electric, Fairfield Contractors, and American Paving and Asphalt.
"It's a project for the community," said Tippecanoe County Commissioner David Byers. "We always talk about quality for life and this is going to be something that I think, when it's said and done I know there is going to be bumps and pains, but when it's said and done and we get her all put back together I think people are going to be happy with it."
There will be a pre-construction meeting for phase one next Tuesday, September 25. Construction will begin once they have all the building permits.
- Tippecanoe fairgrounds project moves forward
- Tippecanoe County Fairgrounds Renovation Project underway
- Tippecanoe County Fairgrounds halfway through first phase of reconstruction project
- Tippecanoe County moving forward with plans to fix broken roads
- Shepler Construction wins fairgrounds project bid
- Tippecanoe Co. Council reviews master plan for fairgrounds
- Tippecanoe County commissioners accept bids for fairgrounds construction
- 2nd generation trees may come to Tippecanoe Co. Fairgrounds
- Garden Expo takes place at the Tippecanoe County Fairgrounds
- Animal cruelty bill moves forward