WEST LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI) — The Tippecanoe School Corporation celebrated its class of 2018, Sunday. Seniors from both Harrison and McCutcheon High Schools walked across the stage to receive their diplomas.
Austin Dunwoody's reaction to his high school graduation was a common one.
"Wow, here we go, this is for real," said Dunwoody of his day.
As students in the Tippecanoe School Corporation said goodbye to one chapter, and stepped into the next, they gave special thanks to many.
"Great group of kids, incredible teachers, staff, it was, nowhere else I'd rather be," said Dunwoody.
"I had a great time, great friends, great teachers," said McCutcheon graduate Peyton Hilbert.
Others stopped just to think about their graduation day.
"It's really nice to see everyone get together and just have one last moment with the whole class," said Harrison graduate Kristen Martin.
While students walked across the stage, the future was on many of the student's minds.
"Nothing I'd rather do than be a Boilermaker," said Dunwoody, who will attend Purdue in the fall.
Not every graduate is off to Purdue though. Peyton Hilbert is heading to Bloomington in the fall. She explained the friendly conflict between her friends.
"A lot of my friends are becoming my rivals now."
Rivalries aside, the graduations gave reason for everyone involved to celebrate. Especially the parents.
"So proud of everything I've accomplished and it's just great to hear," said Dunwoody.
"They're just super proud of me and I'll that I've accomplished," said Hilbert. "I'm on the distinction diploma so I get to sit right up on the stage."
Sunday's ceremonies were held at the Elliott Hall of Music on Purdue University's campus.
- Tippecanoe School Corporation celebrates class of 2018
- New positions filled within Tippecanoe School Corporation
- Propane fueled buses on the way to Tippecanoe School Corporation
- Tippecanoe School Corporation names teacher of the year reps
- West Lafayette celebrates class of 2018
- Tippecanoe County Schools celebrate winter commencement
- Tippecanoe School Corporation and the Tippecanoe County Sheriff's Department team up for enforcement blitz
- School corporation is improving facilities
- Understanding Frontier School Corporation's Referendum
- Tippecanoe Co. lawmakers preview 2018