LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI) — Pools and spas in Tippecanoe County now have updated rules for inspection. November of 1992 was the last time Tippecanoe County Health Department updated its spa and pool ordinances and the Health Department Administrator Craig Rich says it's about time.
It is all about safety, Rich says. A lot has changed in 25 years.
"Splash pads, even these waterparks that we didn't have anything like that in 1992 and this ordinance also talks about specifically to make sure they are discussed in this ordinance," said Rich
The health department will be enforcing these updated rules at public and semi-public pools and spas in Tippecanoe County. That includes apartment complexes and hotels.
The state department of health is also updating pool and spa ordinances. Rich says Tippecanoe County's is similar.
- Tippecanoe Health Dept. updates pool and spa ordinances
- Tippecanoe Co. Health Dept. free lunch
- Tippecanoe Health Dept.: West Nile virus found in Tippecanoe County
- Tippecanoe Co. Health Dept. looks for needles on streets
- Tippecanoe County updates ordinance to ban industrial wind farms
- White Co. Health Dept. confirms flu death
- Recycling Update for Tippecanoe County
- Legislators tour Tippecanoe County mental health services
- Health Dept: Norovirus confirmed after visits to Walt’s Pub