AMERICUS, Ind. (WLFI) — A Fourth of July celebration may have caused an overnight fire.
Around 10:30 Thursday night, the Tippecanoe County Sheriff's Office said emergency crews took calls of a trailer on fire, possibly due to fireworks.
The caller claimed they were using fireworks near the Americus Court home. Tippecanoe County, Buck Creek, Delphi, and Battleground crews all helped put the fire out.
The sheiff's office was unable to confirm if it was actually caused by fireworks. Dispatchers said the home was heavily damaged, and the family was displaced.
No one was injured.