TIPPECANOE COUNTY, Ind. (WLFI) - All was peaceful at a Tippecanoe County Sheriff's candidate meet and greet Monday.
The candidates running for sheriff met at Brokerage Brewing Company in West Lafayette.
Barry Richard, Jason Dombkowski and John "Woody" Ricks each gave a 5-minute speech. Each candidate then circled the room, met with neighbors and talked about their platforms.
Just last week, there were heated moments between all three candidates at a meet and greet event in Dayton. However, Monday night all three candidates seemed to get along.
Monday was one of the last events with all three candidates and it's helping voters before they hit the polls.
"It was a tremendous amount of help. I've made up my mind because of tonight," said voter Kevin Parish.
Monday's event won't be the last meet and greet at Brokerage Brewing Company. At 7 p.m. on Wednesday, the candidates for prosecutor will be there. Incumbent Pat Harrington and challenger Earl McCoy have not attended a meet and greet together yet.
- Tippecanoe Co. sheriff candidates meet and greet days before primary
- Meet and greet for sheriff candidates brought some heat
- Candidate left off Tippecanoe County primary ballot
- Tippecanoe County Primary Sheriff and Prosecutor Debate
- Tippecanoe Co. Sheriff's candidates get specific
- Candidates discuss future of Tippecanoe County in WLFI's primary debate
- Rokita hosts Lafayette meet and greet
- "Meet the Candidates" in the May 8 primary election Tuesday
- WLFI to broadcast debate between Tippecanoe Co. sheriff, prosecutor candidates
- Both candidates for Tippecanoe County Sheriff support mental health