BATTLE GROUND, Ind. (WLFI) — Tippecanoe County is working to fix broken roads in Battle Ground.
County leaders approved construction on North 9th Street. Repairs will span from Burnetts Road to Prophet Street.
This year's winter weather conditions have increased the need for road work in the area.
Tippecanoe County Commissioner Dave Byers said it's the repeated freezing and thawing that has caused some of the damages.
“It's breaking apart. Its done its time," said Byers. "I mean every road has to be resurfaced, has to have some more reconstruction on it, and that's really what this is."
He said the construction will affect the daily commute but it will all be worth it.
“The people of Battle Ground that come through there, they lost an entrance,” said Byers. “They're going to have to jig up to 43 and come in other directions. But other than that, it's just the growing pains of a wonderful community.”
The road is expected to be closed for reconstruction from July 8 to Aug. 9.
- Tippecanoe County moving forward with plans to fix broken roads
- Tippecanoe fairgrounds project moves forward
- Bill to fix school funding shortage moves forward
- Major renovation plans move forward for TSC
- Union Club Hotel renovation plan moves forward
- Double murder trial moved to Tippecanoe County
- Animal cruelty bill moves forward
- Tippecanoe County Commissioners approve subdivision plan
- Plans for development in WL move forward yet again
- Plans for brewing company move forward after concerns are addressed