INDIANAPOLIS (WLFI) — The Indiana State Department of Health's county metrics map has upgraded Tippecanoe County from orange to red. The change was due to two metrics, Weekly Cases Per 100,000 Residents and the 7-Day All Tests Positivity Rate. For a county to be in red, the weekly cases per 100,000 must be 200 or more (Tippecnaoe's is reported at 634) and the 7-Day All Tests Positivity Rate is 15% or greater (Tippecanoe's is 16.32%).
With Tippecanoe County reaching the red level, these restrictions may go into effect. Local officials may impose additional restrictions:
- All general requirements are in effect. Hoosier businesses remain open
- Social gatherings of any kind, indoors or outside, are limited to 25 people
- The Indiana Department of Health will convene local public health officials, local health care providers, elected officials, school leaders and other key stakeholders to discuss actions that will be taken. State agencies will provide further support upon request
- Evaluate the source of positive tests, undertake targeted testing, quarantine and isolation
- Vulnerable populations should remain isolated. Social and holiday gathering participation is not advised
- All business capacity must adhere to strict social distancing guidelines; curbside pickup is preferred
- Local officials may consider limiting hours for the operation of bars, nightclubs and restaurants
- Community recreational sports leagues and tournaments may continue with participants, required personnel, and parents/guardians and their minor children only
- Senior center activities are suspended
- Hospitals, long-term care and other congregate settings may impose visitation limits
- Reduce the number of people in common areas and break rooms at one time
- K-12 extracurricular and co-curricular activities may continue but attendance is limited to participants, support personnel and parent/guardians plus their minor children. All students and attendees must be social distanced and wear face coverings
- College and professional sports may continue with participants, support personnel and family members. A local health department may approve a plan for fan attendance of up to 25 percent capacity
Local officials may impose additional restrictions. When a county is in the red metric, these requirements remain in effect until the metric has returned to orange or lower for two weeks.