BATTLE GROUND, Ind. (WLFI) — Tippecanoe County is footing the bill so a former hotel in Battle Ground can come down. The former Days Inn off Interstate 65 and State Road 43 has sat vacant since 2003.
Once demolition on this building begins, the property owner will have one year to pay the county $145,000. If the owner is unable to come up with the money, the property will be auctioned off.
As News 18 previously reported, the owners of the former Days Inn promised to improved the property but didn't keep up with their end of the bargain.
Back in October a judge signed off on having the building demolished. Now it's in the hands of a court appointed receiver to make sure the property is well taken care of during the demolition process.
The building is scheduled to come down sometime in the next few weeks.
- Tippecanoe County funding Battle Ground hotel demolition
- Judge orders demolition of former Days Inn in Battle Ground
- Crews battling house fire in Tippecanoe County
- Vacant Battle Ground property one step closer to becoming new hotel
- Fire rips through Battle Ground home
- Two-Story barn fire in Battle Ground
- Tippecanoe County's growing gains
- Tippecanoe Arts Federation breaks ground on building renovations
- Tippecanoe County voter card confusion