TIPPECANOE COUNTY, Ind. (WLFI)—The Tippecanoe County Sheriff's Office is welcoming its newest Chief Deputy.
Captain Terry Ruley was sworn in this morning in front of family, friends, and county leaders.
He is replacing Steve Hartman who retired last Friday after more than 35 years of service.
Terry's wife Sherri pinned the new badge on his uniform and Judge Zemanswore him in.
Sherri said her husband of more than 22 years is perfect for the position.
"He's one of the most ethical, honest guys you would ever want to know," said Ruley. "So to see a good guy win is really rewarding."
Sherri said Terry is nervous but excited to start his new gig.
She was blown away by all the support for her husband during the ceremony.
- Tippecanoe County Sheriff's Office welcomes new Chief Deputy
- Tippecanoe County Sheriff's Office welcomes new school resource officer
- Sheriff's Office welcomes three new deputies
- Terry Ruley sworn in as Chief Deputy at Tippecanoe County Sheriff's Office
- The Tippecanoe County Sheriff's Office welcomes four new members each with four legs
- Tippecanoe Co. chief deputy prosecutor appointed as judge
- Jason Biss named Tippecanoe Co. Chief Deputy Prosecutor
- Tippecanoe County Sheriff's Office hosting crime prevention seminar
- Tippecanoe County Sheriff's Office releases information on cat drowning video
- Tippecanoe County Sheriff's Office warns residents of fake calls