WEST LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI)— The Tippecanoe School Corporation hosted its Winter Commencement Saturday. The celebration was held at the Loeb Playhouse on Purdue University's campus. Students from rival schools, Harrison and McCutcheon, came together Saturday to celebrate their shot at the real world.
Zion Johnson plans on attending Columbia College in Chicago to study music. He said he's excited to move on to college.
"Today is a step forward for me honestly. I'm officially an adult now I really feel it," said Johnson.
The graduation was more than a celebration for the students. Parents showed pride in what their children had accomplished. Lisa Anderson watched as her last son graduated today.
"I'm actually really excited for him, he's my last baby going through," said Anderson. "It's very emotional."
15 students from Harrison and 22 students from McCutcheon took place in the ceremony.
- Tippecanoe County Schools celebrate winter commencement
- Ivy Tech Lafayette students celebrate 2018 commencement
- Tippecanoe School Corporation celebrates class of 2018
- Tippecanoe County preparing for possible winter storm
- Tippecanoe County's growing gains
- Purdue commencement weekend expected to break records for Tippecanoe Co. Airbnb
- 2019 Tippecanoe Celebration of Recovery Rally
- Purdue releases parking information for spring commencement
- Purdue kicks off its 237th commencement
- Purdue graduate speaks at summer commencement