TIPPECANOE COUNTY, Ind. (WLFI) — Tippecanoe County Prosecutor Pat Harrington has announced he's running for re-election.
Dozens came together at Midtowne Oven Tuesday night for the announcement event.
Harrington has been endorsed by Indiana Attorney General Curtis Hill. Hill spoke Tuesday, encouraging people to vote for Harrington on the May 8 ballot.
Harrington has served as the county's prosecutor for the past 11 years.
If re-elected, the Republican hopes to further work with law enforcement and the drug task force. Together, he hopes to continue to combat the drug addiction and drug dealing issues in our community. However, his vision doesn't stop there.
"We have a vision with what we want to do in the next four years," said Harrington. "Obviously, one is to increase the footprint of the High Tech Crime Unit because it solves crime and it does it very efficiently with evidence that can't be disputed in a court of law."
Attorney Earl McCoy is expected to run against Harrington. McCoy will make his official announcement Thursday.
- Tippecanoe County Prosecutor Pat Harrington runs for re-election
- Prosecutor Pat Harrington defeats Earl McCoy in Tippecanoe Co.
- Tippecanoe County Primary Sheriff and Prosecutor Debate
- Local attorney announces run for Tippecanoe Co. prosecutor
- Who is running in the Tippecanoe County Primary Election?
- Tippecanoe Co. Prosecutor candidates' final plea
- Former Tippecanoe Co. Prosecutor candidate's blooper reel
- Tippecanoe County Prosecutor helps with animal cruelty bill
- Tippecanoe County's growing gains
- Tippecanoe Co. Prosecutor discusses opposition to legalizing medical marijuana