LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI) — The Tippecanoe County Sheriff's Office is investigating the sudden death of an inmate.
Sheriff Bob Goldsmith said 40-year-old Jahmal Moore was sitting on a table in a dayroom Tuesday morning when he lost consciousness. Moore was taken to the hospital by ambulance where he was pronounced dead.
The sheriff's office says there will be an autopsy, and state police are helping with the investigation.
It's unclear what charges Moore was in jail for. However, online records show he has had several cases over the last couple years, mostly drug related.
- Tippecanoe County Jail inmate dies after falling unconscious
- Authorities investigate Tippecanoe County Jail inmate's death
- Tippecanoe County Jail scans more than inmates
- Man attacks fellow inmate in Tippecanoe County Jail
- More reading options for Tippecanoe County Jail inmates
- Coroner releases cause of death of Tippecanoe County jail inmates who died on same day
- Cause of death released for third Tippecanoe County Jail inmate who died on same day
- Tippecanoe County Jail getting new captain
- Two Tippecanoe County Jail inmates die from unrelated medical issues on same day
- Inmate falls through ceiling trying to escape from jail