TIPPECANOE COUNTY, Ind. (WLFI) – The Fairgrounds will finish up phase one of construction just in time for the Tippecanoe County Fair.
Phase one will be completed this week, the project consisted of expanding the restrooms, building a new horse barn, working on electricity, and more parking.
Tippecanoe County Commissioner, David Byers says the parking lot will be roomier than previously.
"The newest parking lot that has been built is extremely large," stated Byers. "You can still be able to get the carnival on top of it and still have room for parking,"
Byers said they also worked on putting in tile in the east part of the fairground, to help direct the flow of water into their three new dry detention ponds.
"We've had an inch or two of rain," said Byers. "And in a couple of hours the water is gone, so the tiles are working,"
Phase two of the project will start bids in late July and will focus on constructing a building. Byers says he believes the building will be up by November of this year.
A total of 3.2 Million dollars has been spent on just phase one alone and they will know the total cost of the project after the bidding is completed.
Byers says fairgoers will notice the food tent has been relocated to the Y parking lot, which will also occupy the manufacturing tent.
"This has been moved so now they won't have to stand around in the mud in case it rains," said Byers.
Byers says the county fair will be the same old fun without the hassle of finding somewhere to park.
"There should be a lot more places to park without parking in the mud holes or if you're worried about it, the mosquitoes attacking you,"
The County Fair begins July 20th and will end the 27th.
- Tippecanoe County Fairgrounds Renovation Project underway
- Tippecanoe fairgrounds project moves forward
- Bids Accepted For Second Phase Of Tippecanoe County Fairgrounds Renovation Project
- Tippecanoe County Fairgrounds halfway through first phase of reconstruction project
- Tippecanoe County commissioners accept bids for fairgrounds construction
- Garden Expo takes place at the Tippecanoe County Fairgrounds
- Construction is coming along at the Tippecanoe County Fairgrounds
- Shepler Construction wins fairgrounds project bid
- Bids accepted for second phase of county fairground project
- County fairgrounds to receive upgrades