TIPPECANOE COUNTY, Ind. (WLFI) — The Tippecanoe County Democratic Party expects to have a candidate run against Republican Jason Dombkowski in the sheriff's race.
A caucus has been set for June 30 to officially select a candidate. The potential candidate has 72 hours prior to the caucus to announce his candidacy.
Democratic Chairwoman Heather Maddox confirmed the potential candidate currently works at the Tippecanoe County Sheriff's Office. She explained why she's confident the potential candidate would be a good fit for sheriff.
"I already knew them, and I just got to know them on a little bit of a different level," said Maddox. "With our discussion and just you know what they said - is what I would want to see in a sheriff and what I think the people in the county would want to see."
Start time for the caucus will be at 10 a.m. It will be held at the Hanna Community Center in Lafayette.
- Democrat expected to challenge Jason Dombkowski for sheriff
- Jason Dombkowski announces retirement from WLPD
- Republican Jason Dombkowski files candidacy for Tippecanoe County Sheriff
- Jason Dombkowski taking leave of absence from WLPD
- Jason Dombkowski unsure of his future as WL Police Chief
- Dombkowski wins Republican nomination for sheriff in Tippecanoe Co.
- Did Dombkowski's cell usage violate election law?
- Goldsmith, Dombkowski to debate live Wednesday
- Tippecanoe Co. Election Board to review Dombkowski's cell use
- Democratic challenger announces run for State Rep. D 26