LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI) — The Tippecanoe County Health Department is hosting its third annual Lunch in the Park.
With more than 100 free prizes, water guns and water balloons, it's sure to be a good time for the kids.
The event is meant to raise awareness about the importance of vaccinations, not just for children but adults too.
"We definitely want adults to check and make sure you are up to date on your Hep A, Hep B shots," said Amanda Balser with the Tippecanoe County Health Department. "Especially with the recent Hep A outbreak."
Staff will help people create an online vaccination records account.
It's used to keep track of your immunizations.
"You can access it anywhere in the world," said Balser. "We actually have stress balls that are the world stress balls and they have the myvax information on them."
Lunch in the Park goes from 11 a.m. until 1 p.m. Thursday, in Riehle Plaza.
- Tippecanoe Co. Health Dept. free lunch
- Tippecanoe Health Dept.: West Nile virus found in Tippecanoe County
- Tippecanoe Co. Health Dept. looks for needles on streets
- Tippecanoe Health Dept. updates pool and spa ordinances
- White Co. Health Dept. confirms flu death
- Free lunch in the park postponed due to weather
- Health Dept: Norovirus confirmed after visits to Walt’s Pub
- Tippecanoe County Health Department new guidelines for food establishments
- Tippecanoe County Health Department responds to needles in community