LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI) — The Tippecanoe Arts Federation is back in its home after more than 10 months of renovating.
Last May, the Wells Community Cultural Center underwent renovations to help improve TAF.
On March 22nd, TAF started the process of moving back into its home.
The non-profit is back to work showcasing individualism, creativity and inspiration.
The building on North Street is multifunctional, modern and welcomes diversity. TAF's marketing and events director said that was one of the goals of the renovation.
"Everything like I said from painting, photography, sculpting, assemblage, multimedia," said Krya Clark.
Yoga, dancing, singing, and after school art programs are all included at TAF. People all around the area are more than excited for its re-opening.
"To see the impact is has on people in the community is one of the best things about working here," said Clark.
Clark said community members and TAF members were in awe of the renovations. One of the best parts was the wall you see right when you walk in on the lower level. It's made out of local repurposed wood.
"My first reaction was definitely shock and surprise cause I definitely did not expect it to come out like this," said Clark.
This new community space is open to the public and offers free tours Monday through Friday from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m..
There is a new stage for concerts, orchestras and spoken word. There is better security and more open spaces for whatever creative ideas come to mind.
Kids and adults now have a newer, better space to reimagine, rejoice and relax.
The Tippecanoe Arts Federation officially opened on May 1st.
There will be a soft opening gallery walk on May 17th and a ribbon cutting in July.
- Tippecanoe Arts Federation back open after months of renovations
- Tippecanoe Arts Federation breaks ground on building renovations
- Arrest made in Tippecanoe Arts Federation theft
- Tippecanoe Arts Federation plans new studio for kids
- Tippecanoe Arts Federation bringing first mural to Dayton
- Tippecanoe Arts Federation to revitalize Ellsworth-Romig neighborhood
- 2020 Resistance Fair held at Tippecanoe Arts Federation
- Tippecanoe County Fairgrounds Renovation Project underway
- Woman faces multiple charges after being found in Tippecanoe Arts Federation building
- Tippecanoe Arts Federation working to bring more color to the community