LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI) — Tippecanoe County Commissioners are moving forward with a lawsuit regarding wrongful distribution and manufacturing of prescription opiates.
On Monday, commissioners approved a contract with Taft Stettinius & Hollister LLP.
Tippecanoe County joins several other local government entities in the state including Lafayette and West Lafayette in litigation against opioid companies.
The lawsuit is free to the county and thirty percent of any recovered funds in the lawsuit will go to lawyer fees.
Commissioners voted in favor unanimously.
- Tipp. Co. Commissioners vote to move forward with opioid lawsuit
- Tipp. Co. Commissioner awarded Legislative Service Award
- Tippecanoe fairgrounds project moves forward
- Tippecanoe Co. Commissioners delay moving exchange program
- Major renovation plans move forward for TSC
- Union Club Hotel renovation plan moves forward
- Tipp. Co. needle exchange program gets second chance
- Tipp. Co. and surrounding areas top in Indiana flu cases
- County Commissioners vote to keep needle exchange program