LINDEN, Ind. (WLFI) — A Tipmont REMC lineman was killed in a crash Tuesday while returning to the office, according to a spokesperson for the company. Josh Chieppo, 35-years-old, died after a single vehicle crash in Montgomery County.
It happened around 4:30 p.m. on County Road 400 North near County Road 225 West. A Tipmont spokesperson said Chieppo and another employee were in a company vehicle returning to the Linden office from an outage restoration. The truck began to leave the roadway, the driver overcorrected and it rolled over. Chieppo was the passenger and died at the scene. The spokesperson said the driver, who is also an employee, was injured and is recovering in the hospital.
Chieppo had worked for Tipmont as a Journeyman Lineman since 2010, according to the company's Facebook post.
Drugs, alcohol and speed are not believed to be factors in the crash.
The company released this statement to News 18 Wednesday:
"Our thoughts, prayers, and deepest sympathies are with Josh's family. We also ask that you pray for our Tipmont family, especially our linemen, as we all cope with this tragic loss."
- Tipmont REMC lineman killed in crash
- Carroll White REMC to shut off power in flooded areas
- 2 Indiana REMCs getting USDA loans to make upgrades
- ISP identifies man killed in Monday crash
- Indiana man charged in pursuit crash that killed 2 children
- Indiana soldier killed in crash was top student, athlete
- One person killed in early morning crash by Linden
- Person killed in a crash involving a semi, multiple cars
- Joint funeral for 2 firefighters killed in plane crash
- Police: Man lied about crash that killed Purdue student