MONTGOMERY COUNTY, Ind. (WLFI) — A Crawfordsville woman is dead after a three-vehicle crash on State Road 47. Indiana State Police said three vehicles crashed near the intersection with Montgomery County Road and 500 South around 9:45 a.m. Thursday morning.
According to ISP, 66-year old Paula Martin died after suffering a severe injury to her arm. They say she crossed the center line for an unknown reason and struck two oncoming cars. Another driver, Albert D. McClain, 74 of Waveland, was injured and transported by ambulance to Eskenazi Hospital in Indianapolis with serious injuries. The third driver, Anna R. Cornelius, 34 of New Market, complained of pain but refused treatment at the scene.
ISP said all drivers appeared to be wearing seat belts and alcohol nor drugs appear to be a factor in the crash.
- Three vehicle crash on State Road 47 kills one
- One dead in head-on collision on State Road 47
- HIGHLIGHTS: Central Catholic 76, Rossville 47 (BBB)
- One person dead after off-road vehicle crash
- Crash with injury closes State Road 25
- Three hospitalized after State Road 28 crash
- Authorities: Truck hits construction vehicle; worker killed
- Southbound I-65 near State Road 39 reopen after crash
- State Road 28 is back open after two semis crash
- Crash causes minor injuries, fuel spill on State Road 43