Photo Gallery 2 Images
LAKE COUNTY (WLFI) — On Thursday, a three-vehicle crash in Hammond sent three people to local hospitals.
Police say it happened at around 4 p.m.
A Chevy Cruze, driven by 32-year-old Elisha Charles of Riverdale, Illinois, was headed west in the right lane of Interstate 80/94 near Calumet Avenue when she lost control unknown reasons.
The Cruze spun across the road and struck a Honda Accord in the left lane, driven by 38-year-old Rebecca Kunstman of Geneva, Illinois.
The Accord was pushed into the median of the inner shoulder while the Cruze spun back into the right where it hit a Lexus driven by 56-year-old Steven English of Dublin, Ohio.
All three vehicles sustained damage and required tows.
A passenger in the Cruze, 26-year-old Cisroe Brown of Markham, Illinois, was taken to a hospital in Hammond with a possibly broken collarbone.
Kunstman and her passenger, 15-year-old Hannah Gagnepain of Geneva, Illinois were taken to a hospital in Gary. Kunstman suffered a broken arm while Gagnepain complained of pain.
Charles and England suffered no injuries in the crash.
Assisting ISP at the scene were Bert’s Towing, Indiana Department of Transportation Hoosier Helpers, and Hammond Police, Fire and EMS.
- Multiple injuries in 3-vehicle crash
- I-65 closed due to multiple vehicle crash
- Crash with injury closes State Road 25
- Indianapolis firefighters escape serious injury after crash
- One person injured in personal injury crash
- Police respond to serious body injury crash
- Slain University of South Carolina student died from multiple sharp force injuries, authorities say
- Person killed in a crash involving a semi, multiple cars
- Multiple casualties in New Mexico bus crash, state police say
- Sheriff says multiple deaths in southern Indiana plane crash