LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI) — Three people are in the hospital after a crash between two trucks Tuesday.
The Tippecanoe County Sheriff's Office said Karla Koeppel of Mishawaka was driving north on County Road 700 East. They say she didn't stop at the sign for State Road 28, and drove into the path of a 17-year-old driver headed westbound.
He and Koeppel are in the hospital with non life-threatening injuries.
Koeppel's passenger, Michael Hafer of Mishawaka, was flown to IU Health Methodist in Indianapolis for treatment. Investigators are waiting on toxicology results.
- Three hospitalized after State Road 28 crash
- State Road 28 is back open after two semis crash
- State Road 28 to close this week for road maintenance
- 2 injured in SR 28 crash
- Crash with injury closes State Road 25
- September 28: Friday Feedback
- Man dies after being hit by car on State Road 28
- Crash sends child to hospital
- Southbound I-65 near State Road 39 reopen after crash
- Crash causes minor injuries, fuel spill on State Road 43