ATTICA, Ind. (WLFI) - Three people are behind bars after a drug bust in Attica. It happened Friday night around 9:35.
Police said the investigation started when the Attica Police Department received a tip that a male individual from Illinois frequently purchases a large quantity of narcotics from a residence in Attica. Two Attica Police Officers said they saw a car from Illinois at the suspected house on Kamela Drive.
The officers then waited for the car to leave the home. They pulled the car over on U.S. 41 just west of the Paul Dresser Bridge after the vehicle committed a traffic infraction. Officers said they smelled marijuana coming from the car. During the search, they found half a pound of suspected Synthetic Marijuana, also known as spice, on the driver.
The driver was identified as 54-year-old Timothy Shelato of Danville, Illinois. He was arrested and charged with possession of synthetic marijuana over 30 grams, a Level 6 Felony, and possession of drug paraphernalia, Class C Misdemeanor.
After the traffic stop was concluded, police requested a search warrant for the address on Kamela Drive. Once the search warrant was obtained, it was executed.
During the search of the residence, Officers said they found more suspected synthetic marijuana, suspected methamphetamine, scales, and drug paraphernalia. Several other items were seized during the execution of the search warrant as well.
The two subjects in the residence were identified as 33-year-old Steven Dobbs Attica and 25-year-old Laura Hayes of Stockwell. Both Dobbs and Hayes were arrested. The Attica Police Department was assisted by the Fountain County Sheriff’s Office and Indiana State Police.
Steven Dobbs was arrested and charged under the following:
1. Dealing in Synthetic Marijuana (Level 5 Felony)
2. Possession of Synthetic Marijuana (Prior Offense – Level 6 Felony)
3. Possession of Drug Paraphernalia (Prior Offense – Class A Misdemeanor)
4. Possession of Methamphetamine (Level 6 Felony)
5. Maintaining a Common Nuisance (Level 6 Felony)
Laura Hayes was arrested and charged under the following:
Visiting a Common Nuisance (Class B Misdemeanor).
- Three arrested in Attica drug bust
- 2 arrested after Lafayette drug bust
- Drug Bust Near Vinton Elementary
- LPD arrests two people after major drug and weapon bust
- 23 arrested in massive Grant County drug bust
- Traffic stop leads to large drug bust
- HIGHLIGHTS: West Lafayette 75, Attica 37 (BBB)
- HIGHLIGHTS: Central Catholic 48, Attica 37 (GBB)
- HIGHLIGHTS: Central Catholic 79, Attica 48 (BBB)
- HIGHLIGHTS: Attica vs. Rockville (WRC Championship - GBB)