Hey Chad, how odd is it to have it snow so often so early in the season?
Great question Mark!
We have had three minor winter weather events as of November 16.
In fact, the official NWS COOP station at the Purdue Ag Farm has measured 2.9" snow so far for November. This is the most snowfall in a November since 2015 with 4" & we are not even half finished. Prior to that, you have to go back to 1980, then 1969 for a snowier November. 2015's November snowfall occurred with one event, however & it fell November 22. Three events are rare so early.
It has been a while since we have had such a number of them on or before November 16!
You have to go back to 1951 to find three individual snow or ice events so early in the season.
1951 Events at West Lafayette COOP station:
0.6" November 4
9.3" November 6-7
1.0" November 16
Prior to 1951, you have to go back to 1925 to find such snowfall frequency so early.
Snow events in 1925 on or prior to November 16:
Trace October 19-20
1.3" October 28
2.0" October 30
Trace November 8
0.5" November 15
Our three events November 1-16, 2018:
- November 9 Friday Feedback
- November 30: Friday Feedback
- Friday Feedback: Three Events On or Before November 16.....
- Friday Feedback
- August 24: Friday Feedback
- August 31 Friday Feedback
- A Belated Friday Feedback
- September 28: Friday Feedback
- October 19: Friday Feedback
- Friday Feedback: Sports & Weather Forecasting