Photo Gallery 1 Images
WEST LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI) — Purdue University hosted its winter commencement Sunday. There were two ceremonies, one in the morning and one in the afternoon. The ceremonies were held, per tradition, at Elliott Hall of Music on the Purdue campus.
Purdue Graduate, William Dudley spoke at both. Dudley is vice chairman of Bechtel Group Inc. Steve Swasey watched his second son graduate from Purdue.
"It's a great day for parents as well as students, I just got a raise, my sons graduating, I'm not paying tuition anymore!"
Swasey's family is from California. He says the out of state tuition was worth every penny.
Students from across the country received degrees in both undergraduate and graduate studies. Claire Speckty is a proud new owner of Masters Degree in Aeronautical Engineering. Something she says she couldn't accomplish on her own.
"I also want to thank my parents too that helped me a lot, I would say in funding most specifically,"she said. "There are days when you are all the way up and days when you are all the way back down so you need support at those times."
The December 2017 commencement featured over 1000 graduates across all areas and levels of studies.
- Thousands of Purdue students step into their future
- Thousands of Purdue students step into their next chapter of life
- Startup program prepares Purdue students for the future
- Future of Purdue's armory remains in question
- Purdue warns of delays as thousands of students begin move-in Monday
- JAG setting the course for students' futures
- Purdue Students Stepped Out of the Classroom and into the Polling Stations for Election Day
- Apple co-founder speaks to thousands at Purdue
- Thousands of Purdue freshman expected to attend orientation
- Clearing up the rumors surrounding Jeff Brohm's future at Purdue