LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI) - Do you miss the days of being able to participate in Easter egg hunts without having to give all the candy to your kids? The Boy Scouts of America Sagamore Council has you covered this weekend.
Saturday, the council is hosting the 'Scouting for Eggs' Adult Easter Egg Hunt. Organizers say it's just like the hunts when you were a kid.
Most of the 5,000 eggs hidden at Cary Camp will have candy inside. However, in a select few, there will be everything from gift cards, to movie tickets, to golf passes and even a flat screen TV ticket.
Bryon Haverstick with the Sagamore Council says this is the perfect night to leave the kids at home and come have fun like a kid.
"We're not just putting them in a field and saying go pick up eggs like you do with your three year old," said Haverstick. "These bad boys are going to be all over camp. There's hundreds of acres out there of camp to wander and we are really excited. It's going to be a lot of fun."
There will be food trucks available for dinner as well. It's Saturday night at Cary Camp off State Road 26. Check in begins at 7 p.m. with the hunt starting at sunset around 8:30 p.m. The cost is $10 per person.
The number one rule...no kids!
Prizes are from:
Brokerage Brewing Co.
Moes Southwest Grill
Walt's Other Pub
Lafayette Symphony Orchestra
Civic Theatre of Greater Lafayette
Silver Dipper Ice Cream
Hot Box Pizza
Crabby Mikes BBQ
Painting with a Twist
Wea Creek Orchard
Wildcat Creek Winery
Honey Baked Ham
Hungy Howies Pizza
Coyote Crossing Golf Course
Chilis Grill and Bar
Art Museum of Greater Lafayette
Buffalo Wild Wings
Monster Mini Golf
Union Rack and Roll
Pettsburgh Pet Store
Four Points Hotel
Puccini's Smiling Teeth
Columbian Park Zoo
HuHot Mongolian Grill
LaScala Italian Restaurant
Another Broken Egg Café
Kelly McPhail Photography
Richelle in a Handbag
Applebees Neighborhood Grill and Bar
Purdue Federal Credit Union
Nothing Bundt Cakes
- Thousands of eggs to be found in 'adults-only' Easter egg hunt Saturday
- People turned away from overcrowded adult Easter egg hunt
- 'Scouting 4 Eggs' organizers explain what went wrong in adult Easter egg hunt
- Kroger is now selling vegan eggs
- Same-sex penguin couple cares for foster egg
- Health effects of eggs: Where do we stand?
- Indiana farm recalls over 200 million eggs due to risks of salmonella
- A gay penguin couple adopted an egg in a Berlin zoo
- Three or more eggs a week increase your risk of heart disease and early death, study says
- Lafayette church hosts Easter Extravaganza