DELPHI, Ind. (WLFI) -- Delphi is gearing up for the fifth annual Indiana Bacon Festival on Saturday.
Last year 10,000 people attended the event, and 10,000-12,000 are expected this year.
Changes to the Bacon Fest include an extended Family Zone with a rock climbing wall and a mechanical pig.
Also new this year, Indiana Kitchen will be giving samples of bacon and selling 1 lb. packages of bacon.
There will be 10 vendors with bacon-themed food, two local breweries and two local wineries in the Brew Garden and live entertainment including a comedy show by Heywood Banks and music headlined by the country band Little Texas.
Event co-organizer Julia Leahy said she is excited to see it grow each year.
"It's so much fun to see that many people come to Delphi, especially if they have never been here," said Leahy. "And to see how great things are and they come back, we find that they come back, and to know that we've got something special here."
In the past four years the Bacon Fest has brought in $130,000 for local non-profits.
A bacon eating contest will be held to benefit the Abby and Libby Park Foundation.
Leahy said although there are lots of events happening in the area over the weekend there will still be time to make it to Bacon Fest.
"Beers Across the Wabash, it's a great way to kick off your day. It's over at seven so hop on the Heartland and come to Delphi after that for some more food and of course the great music," said Leahy.
The festival will be 3-11 p.m. Saturday Aug 25 around the Carroll County Courthouse.
There will be free parking at Delphi Community High School with a shuttle running to the festival.
Shuttles will also be running to the Wabash and Erie Canal for boat rides.
Tickets for the festival are $5 in advance and $10 at the gate. To pre-order tickets click here.
- Thousands expected at the 5th Annual Indiana Bacon Festival
- 5th annual Bacon Festival brings people from all over to enjoy homegrown pork
- 6th annual Bacon Fest held in Delphi
- Haan Museum hosts second annual Celebrate Indiana Festival
- Nine Irish Brothers hosts 5th annual St. Baldrick's Foundation fundraiser
- 5th annual Menorah lighting at West Lafayette Public Library
- Fiddlers' Gathering kicks off 47th annual festival
- Bacon the dog: Pet of the Week for August 3
- Nestle launches vegan alternatives to bacon and cheese
- Crew recovers body of 5th Indiana boating mishap victim