FRANKFORT, Ind. (WLFI) -- Several people in Frankfort were impacted by a widespread power outage Thursday afternoon.
Frankfort Municipal Utilities said more than 9,000 of their customers were affected.
The problem started with an issue at a Duke Energy substation. That was fixed around 6 p.m., but at the time Duke still wasn't sure what caused the outage in the first place.
In all, the substation was down for about three and a half hours.
- Thousands affected by Frankfort power outage
- Friday morning power outage affects thousands
- Power Outage Updates
- Duke Energy reporting power outages
- Power outages reported in Lafayette
- Storms leave thousands without power
- Crash causes major power outage, 2 hospitalized
- Power outage shuts down Eastside 9 theater
- Campus wide power outage reported at Purdue
- Planned power outage for West Lafayette on Friday