TIPPECANOE COUNTY, Ind. (WLFI) — The Tippecanoe County Jail has hired an Indianapolis firm to look at the most cost effective way to update the security system.
Current cameras at the jail are about ten years old, and not all of them are high definition.
But Commissioner Tracy Brown said it's not just about the cameras, it's about the technology used to store the footage as well.
He isn't sure what that new system would include.
Is that a cloud based system? Is it a system that is server based that is hosted at the jail that's hosted here? That's what is yet to be determined but again being sure that we are getting a great product at a great price
"Is that a cloud based system? Is it a system that is server based that is hosted at the jail that's hosted here? That's what is yet to be determined but again being sure that we are getting a great product at a great price," said Brown.
Brown said we could see the new cameras installed as early as this year or the beginning of 2019.
- The search for new cameras at the Tippecanoe County Jail
- Tippecanoe County jail expected to get new camera system
- Tippecanoe County Jail getting new captain
- Authorities investigate Tippecanoe County Jail inmate's death
- Tippecanoe County Jail scans more than inmates
- Tippecanoe County's growing gains
- Tippecanoe County Sheriff reacts to drugs in jail
- Tippecanoe County Jail installing new video visitation system
- Man attacks fellow inmate in Tippecanoe County Jail
- More reading options for Tippecanoe County Jail inmates