BATTLE GROUND, Ind. (WLFI) -- The former Days Inn in Battle Ground is no more, demolished and gone forever.
All that stands in its place now is the elevator shaft and piles of rubble.
Everything on the property will be disposed off, recycled, and cleaned up in the next two weeks.
The current property owners will pay for the demolition and then redevelopment may begin.
As we previously reported the structure was considered an eyesore for more than 15 years.
It's consider that because the property owners were paying property taxes but not updating, repairing or building upon the former Days Inn.
The Battle Ground attorney says community members can finally breath some fresh air.
In the next couple weeks businesses will be vying for that land.
"It's got a high visibility and there aren't that many around so it'll be good for a use," said Eric Burns. "The market is going to determine that in great measure as to what makes the most sense and who wants to pay the top dollar and get the nice development there."
Ed Wall and his demolition team have been working on this project since the middle of January.
The concrete will be turned into limestone and the last load of debris was taken away Tuesday evening.
- Former Days Inn finally demolished
- Former Days Inn demoltion finally begins
- Judge orders demolition of former Days Inn in Battle Ground
- Attica demolishes historic building after safety concerns
- Groundbreaking ceremony held for the Whittaker Inn
- Battle Ground sues group that promised to fix up old Days Inn
- Battle Ground partners with Tippecanoe County to develop site of old Days Inn
- Homes used by Indiana serial killer to be demolished
- The Historic E.M. Weaver Building to be demolished
- Brethren’s Home Property Being Demolished in Flora