We are tracking bitter temperatures today as lows plummeted into the lower 20s! Wind chills even fell into the teens through the morning commute. There was a big temperatures drop in the wake of the cold front that passed over the state yesterday. Skies will become mostly clear today and temperatures will struggle to rise this afternoon. Lafayette will reach a high near 35°, making it the coldest day since March 15! Forecast highs are trending 15 degrees below normal for mid-November.
Skies will remain mostly clear through the evening hours and temperatures will quickly fall. Purdue basketball kicks off its season tonight at Mackey Arena. The game begins at 8 p.m. EST and you will want to have a coat throughout the evening. Lafayette will be around the 27° by 7 p.m. EST and fall into the mid-20s by the end of the game. Overnight lows will be in the lower 20s.
Temperatures are going to gradually warm up through the weekend as highs in the 40s return. Saturday’s forecast looks cool, but pleasant. The area will stay mostly sunny on Saturday with cloud cover increasing that evening. Scattered rainfall will return to Greater Lafayette on Sunday.
- The coldest day since mid-March
- Coldest Temperatures of the Year
- Coldest Morning Since March 22, Lowest Wind Chills Since February 12
- Local Weather History: February's Top Biggest Snows & Coldest Temperatures
- Local Weather History: Normal Periods of Coldest, Snowiest Weather, Coldest, Warmest, Snowiest, Least Snowiest Januarys On Record
- OVERALL WEATHER FORECAST NOW TO MID-AUGUST
- Local Weather History: The Coldest October Night On Record & An Unusually Heavy Snowfall for the Season
- November 14, 4:30 PM Weather Forecast Update: Coldest Morning So Early In Year Since 1995
- Local Weather History: Top 10 Coldest Temperatures In December..........& Friday Feedback
- Local Weather History: The Top 10 Coldest January Temperatures & Biggest Snows On Record