WEST LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI) — The city of West Lafayette has a new parks and recreation superintendent. The position has been open since March of this year.
After a nationwide search, West Lafayette Mayor John Dennis said new superintendent Kathryn Lozano starts at the end of June. She is originally from Delphi.
"It really is a challenge trying to make sure that we keep the high standards that we've always had here in West Lafayette," said Mayor Dennis. "Our presumption is that Kathryn is going to be able to continue with the success that is our rec program and even grow it to where it's going to be."
Her previous experience includes running large recreation centers in Cincinnati and Boston. Dennis said the city will have a new recreation center here in the next few years and Lozano will bring a great deal of experience to running the new facility.
"It has to be self-supporting so with the rentable space, with the pool that's going to be in there," said Dennis. "It needs to generate a positive cash flow so it can basically pay for itself."
- The West Lafayette Parks and Recreation Superintendent position is filled
- West Lafayette parks and recreation superintendent resigns
- Lafayette Parks and Recreation begin winterization process
- New positions filled within Tippecanoe School Corporation
- City of West Lafayette holds meeting on proposed recreation center
- West Lafayette city hall and recreation center planning phase
- Universal bathrooms coming to the new West Lafayette recreation center
- Input needed to help improve Lafayette Parks and Recreation Department
- Lafayette Jeff, West Lafayette schedule football series
- Police arrest man after West Lafayette parking lot stabbing