TIPPECANOE COUNTY, Ind. (WLFI) — The Tippecanoe County Sheriff's office is mourning the loss of a K-9 officer.
Lieutenant John "Woody" Ricks says K-9 Marco passed away on Tuesday afternoon. Marco was partners with Sergeant Jon Lendermon from 2007 to 2014.
Ricks says Marco was responsible for a large number of arrests during his time with the department. Marco was 14-years-old.
Local K-9 officer passes away
- Local K-9 officer passes away
- Sheriff’s Office welcomes 2 new K-9 units
- Local business gives back to LPD K-9 Program
- Tippecanoe County's newest K-9 in training
- Purdue's first bomb-detection K-9 celebrates retirement
- Lafayette K-9 will receive new vest
- 2 LPD K-9 units to receive bulletproof vests
- Carroll County deputy takes on new K-9 partner
- ISP K-9 discovers 120 pound of marijuana during traffic stop
- Two K-9s with LPD get new protective vests