WEST LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI) — A new brewpub will be part of the transformation of West Lafayette's Chauncey Hill.
The Tap is a craft brewery with a pub food menu. It currently has locations in downtown Indianapolis and Bloomington.
Spitznagle said there are still two other retail spaces to fill in The Rise. Right now, the apartment complex's contractor is finishing up the space. Once that is complete, Spitznagle said The Tap's contractors can begin their construction.
The news comes after other dining options were announced recently in West Lafayette. Crave Food Hall will open later this month in Purdue's Discovery Park, offering many offerings in one location. Purdue also announced Monday Chick-fil-A and Jersey Mike's Subs will be part of the new Third Street Suites North residence hall when it is completed in the summer of 2020.
The Rise is one of two high-rise apartments geared toward Purdue students on the corner of State Street and Chauncey Avenue. The 16-story complex, changing the West Lafayette skyline, is expected to be ready for residents in time for this fall's semester.
- The Tap Brewery coming to Chauncey Hill
- Community reacts to Chauncey Hill Mall demolition
- New development planned for Chauncey Hill Mall in West Lafayette
- Community input needed for Chauncey Hill Mall redevelopment
- Jake's Roadhouse closes as Chauncey Hill Mall demolition looms
- Teenager arrested in connection to Chauncey Hill Mall break-in
- Designers take a look at the future of Chauncey Hill mall
- Discount Den moving to Stadium Avenue as Chauncey Hill Mall demolition looms
- Developer seeks public input for Chauncey Village
- Smoother roads are coming to the Bar-Barry Heights and Chauncey Village area