LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI) — There's an opportunity for you to help people in Tippecanoe County or across the country. All you need to do is attend training happening at the Salvation Army in Lafayette on Jan 12.
Lt. Rachel Johnson said they are looking to expand their Emergency Disaster Services Team. This crisis management system lets everyone know their role when responding to a disaster.
During training, volunteers will learn how they can assist emergency responders in different situations.
"We're teaching our team what those positions are and kind of what we can do when we report to a disaster," Johnson said.
If you did not make it to the first training session, contact Lt. Johnson at the Salvation Army. The number is 765-742-0006.
The next session is being held Saturday, Jan. 12 from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. If you would like to participate, sign up by Thursday, Jan 10.
"We want to be consistent by providing support to Tippecanoe County residents who are experiencing disaster," said Johnson. "It's very important that we have people who are available and willing and want to respond to disasters."
- Salvation Army seeking volunteers for Emergency Disaster Service
- The Salvation Army needs volunteers for its Emergency Services Disaster Team
- Salvation Army Coats for Kids distribution day
- Salvation Army Prepares for Hurricane Florence
- Salvation Army's Coats for Kids Drive Starts
- Mock disaster training program prepares emergency responders
- Salvation Army struggles to find new locales for Red Kettles
- $1,200 gold coin found in Salvation Army kettle in Lafayette
- Indianapolis children’s museum, Salvation Army settle suit
- Lafayette Salvation Army is welcoming two new Lieutenants