TIPPECANOE COUNTY, Ind. (WLFI) - In the span of a couple of months, ten cats have gone missing throughout the Watkins Glen neighborhood. Robin Wyant said her cat disappeared a few months back.
"He walked out the door, well, ran out the door on Sunday, August 25th and then never came back," said Wyant.
Wyant said it is unusual for her cat, Mr. Furley to not come home.
"He likes to come out at night time and we don't like him to go outside but sometimes he sneaks out and he would always come back and to my knowledge, he usually never left the yard," added Wyant.
Neighbors have become suspicious that someone is trapping their pets and dumping them in Dayton.
"We've heard through the grape-vine down the neighborhood that there's been several cats that disappeared. We've heard people say there is someone trapping them and releasing them somewhere, we've also heard that someone saw someone taking one to the pound, that kind of thing," said Jonathan Mckinley, a homeowner.
Others believe maybe a coyote got them.
"We'd be pretty devastated. We got two little girls, they love the cat, my wife loves the cat and so if it disappeared we'd be pretty devastated," added Mckinley.
Lost and Found Pets of Greater Lafayette said to keep all outside cats indoors and to microchip them.
"We want our cat back, we want all of the neighbor's cats back, there have been several cats missing, have no idea what's going on, where they're going, we just want our cats back," stated Wyant.
For more information on the cats, you can visit The Lost and Found Pets of Greater Lafayette Facebook page.
- Ten Cats Missing in a Tippecanoe County Neighborhood
- Cat hoarding bust smells up neighborhood
- Tippecanoe County Sheriff's Office releases information on cat drowning video
- Tippecanoe County neighborhoods experiencing a hike in car break-ins
- UPDATE: Missing Tippecanoe County man found
- Miss Tippecanoe County 2019 crowned on Saturday
- Tippecanoe County's growing gains
- Tippecanoe Arts Federation to revitalize Ellsworth-Romig neighborhood
- Cat returns home after 6 years missing
- Cats Mutilated in White County