WEST LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI) — A portion of North River Road is expected to temporarily close next week.
Crews are closing North River Road Monday, Nov. 20 at 6 a.m. The road will be remain closed to through traffic until noon on Wednesday, Nov. 22.
The closure impacts the portion from Happy Hollow Road to Soldiers Home Road. During this time, the road will be closed to through traffic. The detour follows Soldiers Home Road to Kalberer Road to Morehouse Road to Sagamore Parkway to U.S. 52/231 and back.
During the closure, crews will work on the Sagamore Parkway Bridge project. The contractor needs access to beams and to position cranes.
Project engineer Dan Auckley said the road should be back open just in time for Thanksgiving travelers.
North River Road will close again on Monday, Nov. 27 through Thursday, Dec. 7. During the second closure, crews will place the bridge beams.
Auckley said crews may have to close the Sagamore Bridge for 15 to 20 minute spans during the second closure to work on the beams.
"It'll be some inconvenience to the public there," said Auckley. "They'll make it quick and then River Road will stay closed during that whole time period."
- North River Road to temporarily close Monday
- North River Road to close for the summer beginning Monday
- UPDATE: Monday's North River Road closure postponed
- INDOT: North River Road closes Tuesday
- North River Road closure rescheduled
- North River Road closed as crews pour new bridge deck
- Part of North River Road closed until Friday
- Chumley's pub in Lafayette temporarily closed
- TRAFFIC ALERT: North River Road closed Wed. thru Fri. for bridge work
- Sagamore Parkway Bridge Project will close North River Road next week