WEST LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI) — West Lafayette police have identified the person arrested after a break-in at Chauncey Hill Mall Monday morning.
Nineteen-year-old Cameron Benefiel faces a preliminary charge of burglary, a level 5 felony.
As we previously reported, someone called in that the front door of the West Lafayette Smoke Shop was smashed open. When police got there, they say a trail of blood led them from the smashed door to an apartment two blocks away.
Benefiel was sitting in the doorstep. Police said he was taken to the hospital for stitches, then brought to the jail.
- Teenager arrested in connection to Chauncey Hill Mall break-in
- Community reacts to Chauncey Hill Mall demolition
- New development planned for Chauncey Hill Mall in West Lafayette
- Community input needed for Chauncey Hill Mall redevelopment
- Jake's Roadhouse closes as Chauncey Hill Mall demolition looms
- The Tap Brewery coming to Chauncey Hill
- Designers take a look at the future of Chauncey Hill mall
- Discount Den moving to Stadium Avenue as Chauncey Hill Mall demolition looms
- Developer seeks public input for Chauncey Village
- Take a look inside the historic homes around New Chauncey