CASS COUNTY, Ind. (WLFI) — A Logansport teen is suffering life-threatening injuries after an early morning single-vehicle crash.
August Leon Hayden, 19, was thrown from his 2003 blue Chevrolet pickup truck. Cass County Central Dispatch received a call about the crash around 2:02 a.m. Sunday. It happened in a rural part of Cass County just north of Lockport Rd. on Georgetown Rd.
Through investigation, Cass County Sheriff's officers discovered he was driving west on Georgetown Rd. when he overcorrected and rolled at least two times. His car landed on the east side of the road. That’s where Hayden’s body was found when emergency crews arrived.
Crews found him unresponsive. They believe he wasn't wearing a seatbelt and that alcohol is a factor in the crash.
Officers believe the use of a seatbelt would have reduced his injuries.
Hayden was airlifted to St. Vincent’s Hospital in Indianapolis. As of 12:30 p.m., his condition is listed as critical. The crash is still under investigation.
- Teen facing life-threatening injuries in early morning single-car crash
- Newman has non-life-threatening injuries after Daytona crash
- Lafayette teen dies in single-vehicle crash
- 2 Indiana turkey hunters shot, injuries not life threatening
- Woman suffering life-threatening injuries after being hit by train
- Three people in hospital with life-threatening injuries in Saturday multi-vehicle crash on I-74
- Single car crash near West Point seriously injures passenger
- NASCAR driver Ryan Newman in serious condition with non-life threatening injuries after fiery Daytona 500 crash
- UPDATE: Driver accused in early morning pursuit faces kidnapping charge
- Multiple injuries in 3-vehicle crash