CLINTON COUNTY, Ind. (WLFI) — A reckless driving complaint in Clinton County led to a police pursuit and recovery of a stolen vehicle. According to the Clinton County Sheriff's Office, around 2:45 a.m Tuesday morning, officers responded to a 911 call of a reckless driver on W County Road 700 N.
Officers attempted to pull over the vehicle when the vehicle took off. Officers pursued the vehicle through Clinton County into Tippecanoe County. The suspect then drove turned north on I-65 where ISP joined the pursuit. Around 175 mile marker troopers deployed tire deflating devices and the suspect's vehicle came to a stop shortly after.
White County Sheriff's office took the occupants into custody. At the scene, officers determined the vehicle had been reported stolen in Illinois.
The driver, 19-year-old Jamarr M Davis of Chicago, was charged with the following:
- Auto Theft (level 6 felony)
- Resisting law enforcement with a vehicle (level 6 felony)
- Leaving scene of an accident (Class B misdemeanor)
- Reckless driving (Class C misdemeanor)
- Operating a motor vehicle without ever receiving a license (Class C misdemeanor)