LAFAYETTE, Ind (WLFI) — Lafayette School Superintendent Les Huddle updated the board on the construction process during last night's board meeting.
The update discussed during the meeting included the new website design and logo for the academy. Students and community members can now take a look at the what programs will be offered and next steps through the website.
Construction has already begun for the new school building and is expected to be finished by the Fall of this year. Superintendent of Lafayette Schools Les Huddle says there are high expectations to look forward to.
"We are pretty confident that with the curriculum kids will see that this is again.. a good place to be. The cirriculum is high level with high expectations" says Huddle.
Juniors and Seniors will be encouraged to enroll in the academy. The students will rep the new school colors teal and black. The colors are just one way the academy will be open to change.
"I think one thing we are going to find out as we get the doors open and get students and staff in there. It's going to free up some creativity and initiatives" Says Huddle.
The Career Academy will also feature a restaurant in the building that will be ran by culinary students.
- Teal and Black is the Red and White
- Rehabilitating Teal Rd. in Lafayette
- Needler's groceries to take over Teal Road Marsh location
- Lopez, Palka help White Sox beat Red Sox 5-2
- Black Friday shopping begins
- Rodriguez strikes out 12 as Red Sox beat White Sox 6-1
- Bogaerts hits slam in 7-run 8th, Red Sox beat White Sox 9-2
- Marisnick, White homer as Astros beat White Sox 3-0
- Gold and Black LIVE Sept. 1
- Gold and Black LIVE September 15