LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI) — Glen Acres elementary is finally ready for move-in.
The school received its occupancy certificate so teachers are allowed to set up their classrooms.
There's a brand new entrance to Glen Acres that is currently facing the back of the old Glen Acres.
The new school includes brand new playground with buddy benches.
If kids don't have anybody to play with they can find a buddy on the bench and go play or have a conversation.
Next week demolition is starting at the old Glen Acres.
Lafayette School's Superintendent said everything is good to go with the new school.
"We have that certificate and it means inspection and safety and all of those things have been approved,"said Les Huddle.
The principal at Glen Acres, Megan Hatke, is in the middle of planning a community open house.
Huddle said hopefully it will be in July.
- Teachers moving into Glen Acres Elementary
- Progress continues on new Glen Acres Elementary School
- Take a look inside Glen Acres Elementary School's new building
- A tour through the almost finished Glen Acres Elementary
- Glen Acres hosted a community open house
- Say goodbye to the old Glen Acres Thursday
- Dayton Elementary School students give teacher the gift of color
- Fired Lafayette elementary teacher faces additional charges of sexual misconduct
- Conservation group reforests 100-plus acres of farmland
- 20- acre 'Stranger Things' corn maze to open at Exploration Acres