DOWNTOWN LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI) — Food and music lovers from the area gathered in Downtown Lafayette Saturday for the annual Taste of Tippecanoe Festival. Restaurants brought out their best tastes for everyone gathering downtown, while local musicians performed throughout the festival.
Fan favorites include Arni's, Mary Lou's, Professor Joe's and more. A beer garden from People's came downtown as well. News 18 caught up with community members to see why they come out every year.
"Every time there's a Mosey or a Taste festival we come down, we just walk short way from our home up in Highland Park and just enjoy the festivals, every time there is one we come down," said Lafayette native Phil Waclawik.
Helen Hicks-Wenthold said she loves tasting the variety of foods each year.
"We love just being able to taste different new restaurants and sometimes the unique new things that they make so it's a lot of fun to come here," said Hicks-Wenthold.
This was the 37th year for the Taste of Tippecanoe. The event also hosted a fireworks show along with all the music and food.
- Taste of Tippecanoe comes to downtown Lafayette
- Taste of Tippecanoe one week away
- Security gets a boost for 2018 Taste of Tippecanoe
- MILLER prepares for its Taste of Tippecanoe performance
- Summer Belt performing at the 38th Annual TASTE of Tippecanoe
- Red Bird Cafe prepares for TASTE of Tippecanoe
- The 2019 Taste of Tippecanoe is looking for volunteers
- Band Abercorn prepares for first TASTE of Tippecanoe performance
- Khana Khazana is pumped for the TASTE of Tippecanoe
- Organizers for the TASTE of Tippecanoe are preparing for possible rain