LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI)- News 18 got a first look inside Glen Acres Elementary School's new building.
The new building will have better security features and improvements in technology.
It will also give the school much more space to spread out different programs, which will provide more classrooms.
The old building will eventually be torn down and made into a parking lot for the school.
Principal of Glen Acres Megan Hatke was a student at the school when she was younger.
She told News 18 what it's like to see the insititution go through these changes.
"To be part of the whole building process too has been a lot of fun," Hatke said. "So it'll be bittersweet when they tear down this building but exciting to go to the next one."
The project is expected to be complete by the beginning of the 2019-2020 school year.
- Take a look inside Glen Acres Elementary School's new building
- Teachers moving into Glen Acres Elementary
- Progress continues on new Glen Acres Elementary School
- A tour through the almost finished Glen Acres Elementary
- Glen Acres hosted a community open house
- Say goodbye to the old Glen Acres Thursday
- Wyandotte Elementary celebrates 100th day of school
- Vinton Elementary named family friendly school
- Klondike Elementary School honors Cecil L. Helmerick
- Otterbein Elementary School receives Inclusion Award