Two main rounds of storms look to pass today. One morning-early afternoon & another late afternoon-evening.
An isolated severe storm or two (wind) cannot be ruled out. Localized flash flooding will occur as there is a tremendous amount of water to squeeze from these storms. Rainfall rates will be torrential with local +3" totals possible. Cloud-to-ground lightning will be impressive, as well (by-product of the high amount of CAPE [think of it as storm energy] with a pretty good depth through the lower troposphere).
Rainfall should diminish tonight.
High-resolution computer model data showing radar projection for today-this evening:
Check out that lower humidity working in from the north & northeast Friday & lasting through the weekend.
Skies look mostly sunny Friday-Sunday with highs near 80 to the mid 80s & overnight lows in the mid to upper 50s with some patchy fog possible.
Lower dew points (more comfortable air) coming in:
The high humidity will return next week. Unfortunately, it looks like I am going to have to go "VERY HUMID" for Thursday-Friday as dew points reach +75. This, combined with highs of 89-93 & we are looking at two very oppressive days with heat indices of near 100 to 107. However, beyond that, an overall cooler & less humid pattern will tend to settle for an extended period. In fact, through some temperature ups & downs, the overall trend is for below normal temperatures latter July to mid-August.
Nonetheless, it is this intense humidity, heat & a branch of stronger mid- & upper-level winds breaking off (with a stronger surface cold front), that may bring a slightly increased severe risk Thursday-Friday of next week. This would be more like SLIGHT RISK (severe severe) than MARGINAL RISK (isolated severe).
Burst of "very humid" weather late next week:
Branch of stronger flow aloft breaking off into our area:
- TWO MAIN ROUNDS OF STORMS FOLLOWED BY COOLER & LESS HUMID WEATHER
- September 14, 10:45 PM: Summer Heat & Humidity.....Rain/Storms Down the Road & Much Cooler Weather
- TWO MAIN WAVES OF SHOWERS & STORMS
- Increasing Heat & Humidity
- Heat and Humidity Continues
- Some More Showers/Storms Developing....Little Cooler for the Weekend
- Hot & Humid for Memorial Day!
- Main Street closure pushed back
- INTENSE HEAT, STORMS, THEN COOLER BEFORE SHOWERS/STORMS RETURN LATE NEXT WEEK
- Near Record Warmth, But Rainfall & Much Cooler Weather Ahead