TIPPECANOE COUNTY, Ind. (WLFI) -- The Tippecanoe School Corporation Assistant Superintendent for Personnel has a lot to celebrate and look forward to.
Susan DeLong will retire June 30th after working 37 years in Education. DeLong joined TSC's administrative team in 2003, and became Assistant Superintendent for Personnel three years later. She is credited for assisting TSC in keeping pace with the growth and recruitment of well qualified teachers and staff.
DeLong said she's going to miss coming to work each day.
"No question, I'm going to miss a lot of things about the job," DeLong said. " It's been wonderful working with people. We're a people business, whether the people be 5 years old or my age and getting ready to retire. I'm going to miss the people."
In her retirement, DeLong plans to spend more time with family.
- TSC's Susan DeLong to retire after 37 years in Education
- Longtime educator announces retirement from TSC
- TSC names 2018 Teachers of the Year
- TSC awarded STEM acceleration grant
- TSC wraps up 2017-18 school year with '5th Grade Parade'
- TSC welcomes new administration for upcoming school year
- TSC hosts safety forum in preparation of new school year
- TSC celebrating 10 years of technology-to-classroom program
- Enrollment continues to increase for TSC
- Major renovation plans move forward for TSC