TIPPECANOE COUNTY, Ind (WLFI) - While this school year wraps up, administrators within the Tippecanoe School Corporation are already looking to next year. That includes looking at textbook rental fees.
Administrators realize these fees can be an expense for parents when it comes time to register students.
They've been working to keep the fees as low as possible, but said the amounts can vary for each student and the different courses.
While many materials for students are now online, they still include fees.
"Textbook companies aren't going to be developing those digital materials for free and so those certainly still have a cost to them. That's one of the pieces that we take a look at, is digital more economical than having the actual textbook?" said Christy Fraley, Assistant Superintendent for Elementary Instruction.
In a meeting Wednesday, the school board approved the fees for the 2018-2019 school year.
- TSC works to keep textbook rental fees as low as possible
- Possible increase in rental inspection fees in WL
- Inspection fees increase for rental properties in West Lafayette
- Indiana high court to consider city rental registration fee
- TSC awarded STEM acceleration grant
- Enrollment continues to increase for TSC
- Major renovation plans move forward for TSC
- TSC ready to start athletic facility projects
- TSC getting ready for Kindergarten Roundup
- TSC students learn about STEM careers