TIPPECANOE COUNTY, Ind. (WLFI) — The Tippecanoe School Corporation will begin the 2018-19 school year with a fully staffed bus driver fleet, according to Superintendent Scott Hanback.
Hanback said they have worked through all the kinks before school starts. He hopes it creates less of a headache this year.
"Covering 437 square miles, that presents a challenge for our drivers," said Hanback. "So we do practice runs. Once the parents actually register, and registration is open right now, then that allows us to build our bus routes and it allows our drivers to go drive their routes before school starts."
Hanback said parents can use the online system right now to tell them who their kids' driver is and when the bus will pick up and drop off.
The TSC heads back to class on Aug. 14.
- TSC to begin year with full bus driver fleet after shortage
- TSC prepares new bus drivers during summer season
- TSC names 2018 Teachers of the Year
- TSC awarded STEM acceleration grant
- Indianapolis ending contract for electric vehicle fleet
- LPD receives a new fleet of vehicles
- TSC wraps up 2017-18 school year with '5th Grade Parade'
- TSC welcomes new administration for upcoming school year
- TSC hosts safety forum in preparation of new school year
- Enrollment continues to increase for TSC