TIPPECANOE COUNTY, Ind. (WLFI) - As the new year gets underway, the Tippecanoe School Corporation is ready to start on athletic facility projects. It's all part of a larger plan for significant upgrades at McCutcheon and Harrison High Schools.
At Harrison, the tennis courts will be moved to make way for a potential building expansion.
Both schools will be getting turf football fields. The board was set to approve a bid for the turf fields at a meeting Wednesday night.
Superintendent Scott Hanback said with the turf fields, the schools can use the space in a more flexible way.
"More of our programs, band, football, and soccer will be able to access that part of our facility and what that helps us do is best utilize our existing space because it's so limited as we continue to grow," said Hanback.
The turf fields and tennis courts should be complete by the start of next school year.
- TSC ready to start athletic facility projects
- TSC getting ready for Kindergarten Roundup
- TSC awarded STEM acceleration grant
- Enrollment continues to increase for TSC
- Major renovation plans move forward for TSC
- TSC students learn about STEM careers
- TSC names 2018 Teachers of the Year
- Longtime educator announces retirement from TSC
- TSC names new assistant superintendent of personnel