TIPPECANOE COUNTY, Ind. (WLFI) — The Tippecanoe School Corporation is trying to ease traffic around Harrison High School and has put out bids to build a new road behind the football stadium.
Currently, Harrison only has two exits. The new road will be off County Road West 600 North. It will run near the old tennis courts and will eventually contain more parking there.
The road is part of the master plan. that started when the old tennis courts were torn up last year and new ones installed.
TSC Superintendent Scott Hanback says he knows this will be a big help to community members.
"When school starts or when school ends or when we have community activities after school that really create traffic congestion in that area so this will alleviate much of that traffic congestion," said Hanback.
Hanback hopes construction can begin in early summer.
- TSC opens bids for new road at Harrison High School
- TSC parents raise concerns over development near Harrison High School
- New road to alleviate traffic at Harrison High School
- Harrison High School honors walkout day differently
- Harrison High School hosts career day
- TSC to host open school safety forum Thursday
- TSC awarded STEM acceleration grant
- Saturated ground causes TSC bus to slide off road
- Harrison High School approved for new road to help ease traffic pains