TIPPECANOE COUNTY, Ind. (WLFI) - Tippecanoe School Corporation has released it 2020-2021 back to school guidelines. The corporation also announced it will be moving its first day of school for students to August 20th.
The corporation sent out the update to staff and families on Thursday. The notice says this extra time will allow for necessary changes to adjust schedules.
Also, per the new statewide mandate, masks will be required of all students, staff and visitors at schools and on buses. They will also be required for co-curricular and extracurricular activities with exceptions of strenuous physical activity.
The TSC mask mandate is as follows:
- Masks/facial coverings are required to be worn by all students, staff, and school visitors at schools and on school buses. Staff will provide opportunities for students to remove their masks/facial coverings at appropriate times such as when eating or when social distancing is possible.
- Masks are required for co-curricular and extracurricular activities with exceptions of strenuous physical activity.
- Exceptions will be considered for medical purposes, disabilities, exercising, eating, and drinking.
- Students who refuse to wear a mask during the required times at school should enroll in TSC’s virtual option.
TSC also stated that Students who select TSC’s Virtual Academy option are eligible to participate in extracurricular activities such as athletics at their home school. The Indiana High School Athletic Association (IHSAA) and the Indiana Department of Education recently released guidance that allows for students enrolled in their regular school’s virtual option to remain eligible for extracurricular participation.
TSC also announced the deadline for choosing TSC's virtual academy is extended until Wednesday, July 29th.
- The deadline for choosing TSC’s Virtual Academy is extended until Wednesday, July 29 at 11:59 pm. Any enrollments in TSC’s online option after this date will be added to a waitlist.
- The online registration process to be completed by parents within the PowerSchool Parent Portal remains open until July 31. It is very important to the corporation’s planning process that all TSC parents register their child(ren) within the PowerSchool Parent Portal by Friday, July 31.
- Parents who have already completed online registration can make changes to their selection of virtual or in-person instruction until July 29 at 11:59 p.m.
Click here to see TSC's revised reopening calendar.